What's After Boot™: Graduations
Generally speaking, the following points will be true for all graduations at SOI:
- Individuals planning to attend graduation must obtain a visitors pass at the designated gate upon arrival.
- A valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration will be REQUIRED to obtain a pass at the gate.
If you are driving a rental car, the contract with the rental agency must be presented in lieu of the vehicle registration requirement.
- Personally owned vehicles and/or rental vehicles may be searched by Military Police prior to issuance of a pass.
- Personally owned firearms are prohibited aboard military installations.
- Students are not permitted to depart the installation with their families during graduation.
From left to right, USMC Major Richard A. Harney, Executive Officer, Marine Combat Training Battalion (MCT), School of Infantry-East, Sergeant Marcus A. Rains, Combat Instructor, Kilo Company, Private First Class Serea F. Ioanes, Honor Graduate, and Sergeant Major Therester A. Cox, Battalion Sergeant Major, MCT, pose for a photo at Marine Corps Base Camp Geiger, N.C., July 1, 2014.
—USMC photo by Corporal Maricela Meza.
This is a project of MarineParents.com, Inc. All text, logos, and names are copyright © to MarineParents.com, Inc. No part of the content may be copied or reproduced without prior written consent.
Reviewed by CH